Full Job Details
The Assistant Infant Teacher will provide a nurturing and safe environment for infants to develop and reach age-appropriate milestones. They will demonstrate good judgement in the care of each infant assigned to them. As an assistant in the Infant room, they will work with the classroom lead(s) and other assistants to accomplish classroom duties.
The ideal candidate will be a caring individual who enjoys teaching young children with the ability to lift up to 25 pounds. They will have a GED or H.S. diploma and preferably have completed coursework in Early Childhood Education or similar. They will have flexibility to work 4 10-hour shifts a week have reliable transportation to the center to ensure consistency for the infants.
- Provide a safe and loving environment for the children in their care.
- Provide basic care for children in their care (feeding, changing, soothing, etc.).
- Ensure play, sleep, and changing areas are kept clean.
- Guide children in their care through education/development programs.
- Think on their feet and respond to each child’s needs efficiently.
- Work closely with the classroom Lead and the Center Director to ensure that guidelines are adhered to.
- Keep a log of the day’s events for parents.
- Ensure close communication with parents throughout the day should the need arise.
- Have at least one year of experience working in a licensed childcare center, preferably with infants and/or toddlers.
- Have a happy demeanor and love children.
- Genuinely care about children and their social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development.
- Be knowledgeable about state licensing requirements and understand that we will be in compliance at all times.
- Be clean, neat, and a good role model for impressionable children.
- Have demonstrated knowledge of developmentally appropriate practice.
- Be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Be able to pass a background check.
Location: Olathe, KS
Age Group: Infant
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Shift: 4 days/week (10-hour shifts)