Full Job Details
The Assistant Early Preschool Teacher is responsible for the education and care of children between 2½ and 3 years old. They will provide physical care while also tending to the emotional and social development of young children.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic individual who enjoys teaching young children. They will have a GED or H.S. diploma and, preferably, have completed coursework in Early Childhood Education, or similar. They will have the flexibility to work a shift between 6:30 AM and 6:30 PM and have reliable transportation to the center to ensure consistency for the children.
- Guide children in their care through education/development programs.
- Think on their feet and respond to each child’s needs efficiently.
- Work closely with the classroom Lead and the Center Director to ensure that guidelines are adhered to.
- Work with children on potty training, diaper changing when necessary.
- Modelling appropriate behaviors, even when not on duty.
- Monitor children’s development, observing and evaluating children to keep track of their progress.
- Ensure that the classroom remains safe and conductive to learning at all times.
- Assist the classroom Lead with lesson preparation by getting materials ready and setting up equipment.
- Ensure close communication with parents throughout the day should the need arise.
- Keep a log of the day’s events for parents.
- Collaborate with the lead teacher and parents to recognize issues students are facing and recommend solutions.
- Comply with state, school, and class rules and regulations.
- Attend all trainings and faculty meetings.
- Have at least one year of experience working in a licensed childcare center, preferably with toddlers or preschoolers.
- Have a happy demeanor and love children.
- Genuinely care about children and their social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development.
- Be knowledgeable about state licensing requirements and understand that we will be in compliance at all times.
- Be clean, neat, and a good role model for impressionable children.
- Have demonstrated knowledge of developmentally appropriate practice.
- Be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Be able to pass a background check.
Location: Lenexa, KS
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Shift: 4 days/week (10-hour shifts) or 5 days/week (8-hour shifts)
Salary: $11 – 12 per hour